International Summer School to cykl seminariów naukowych organizowanych przez Wydział Ekonomiczno-Socjologiczny UŁ oraz przez naszych partnerów: Uniwersytet FMU w Sao Paulo, Uniwersytet w Tuluce, Uniwersytet Unisc w Santa Cruz do Sul oraz Uniwersytet w Quito. W wykładach i debatach prowadzonych w języku angielskim biorą udział studenci i wykładowcy z Europy, Ameryki Południowej i Azji. W ramach seminariów omawiane są problemy ekonomiczne, społeczne, a także zagadnienia związane z ekologią i rozwojem zrównoważonym. Za udział w debatach i wykładach studenci otrzymują 6 punktów ECTS.
The 16th EkSoc International Summer School at the Faculty of Economics and Sociology of the University of Lodz "Fair development principles in times of prosperity and in times of crisis" will be held between 28 of June and 2 of July 2021 fully online via Click Meeting.
Partner Universities as active participants
- Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Marmara University, Instanbul, Turkey
- Santa Cruz do Sul University, Santa Cruz, Brazil
- SEK International University, Quito, Ecuador
- University of Extremadura, Extremadura, Spain
- University of Gävle, Gavle, Sweden
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University, Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Partner Universities as passive participants
- Centro Universitario Senac, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Ivanovo State University of Chemistry and Technology, Russia
- Methodist University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México, Toluca, Mexico
- Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
- Universidade Federal do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Universidade Nove de Julho, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Universidade Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- University Anhembi , Sao Paulo, Brazil
The 15th International Summer School organized by the Faculty of Economics and Sociology starts with the beginning of July 2019. A group of 60 participants, visiting students and professors from partner universities in Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Russia, Ukraine and Nepal will spend two weeks together attending lectures and workshops on Social and economic aspects of multiculturalism in the European Union on the example of Lodz. The classes will be held from the 2nd of July until the 10th of July between 10:00 A.M and 1:15 P.M in the C101 lecture hall. Feel free to join us. The entrance is free of charge.
Free entrance for the following classes:
Tuesday 2nd July
- 10.00 – 11.30 Prof. Andrzej Pieczewski (University of Lodz), The Origins of Multicultural Łódź
- 11.45 – 13.15 Prof. Izabela Warwas (University of Lodz), Do Polish Companies Focus on Multiculturalism?
Wednesday 3th July
- 10.00 – 11.30 Dr Ewa Feder-Sempach (University of Lodz), European Stock Exchanges - Capital Markets Union Perspective
- 11.45 – 13.15 dr Justyna Wieloch (University of Lodz), The EU and Migration Challenges
Thursday 4th July
- 10.00 – 11.30 Dr Jefferson Rodolfo Rubio (Universidad Internacional SEK), The Effect of Renewable Energy on Economy and Employment in the European Union
- 11.45 – 13.15 Prof. Piotr Chomczyński (University of Lodz), Kids as Cannon Fodder: the Recruitment of Juveniles in Drug Trafficking Organizations in Mexico
Monday 8th July
- 10.00 – 11.30 Dr Bijan Pant (Oxford Poverty & Human Development Initiative advisor), Global Shift, Economic Raise and Fall: Role of EU
- 11.45 – 13.15 Dr Michał Zaremba (University of Lodz), Łódź – Chengdu Cooperation under Belt and Road Initiating
Tuesday 9th July
- 10.00 – 11.30 Prof. Bahman Jabbarian Amiri (University of Tehran), Sustainability: from Concept to Practice
- 11.45 – 13.15 Prof. Małgorzata Burchard-Dziubińska (University of Lodz), Urbanization in the Modern World – a Chance or a Threat?
Wednesday 9th July
- 10.00 – 11.30 Jose Luis Ibanez (Chile), Dilemmas of the Foreign Policy in the Contemporary World
- 11.45 – 13.15 Prof. Alicja Łaska-Formejster (University of Lodz), Medical Care Standards and Patient Rights in the Perspective of European and Polish Regulations „The Multicultural Patients’ Face”
Partner Institutions of the Faculty of Economics and Sociology which joined Summer School Programme:
- BRASIL: FMU University of Sao Paulo
- ECUADOR: SEK International University
- MEXICO: University of Toluca (Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México)
- RUSSIA: Ivanovo State University of Chemistry Technology
- UKRAINE: V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Chernivtsi National University
- NEPAL: Tribhuvan University
- IRAN: University of Teheran
International Summer School is a cycle of seminars held in July each year at the Faculty of Economics and Sociology. The participants of the lectures and debates conducted in English recruit themselves from the students and lecturers of our Faculty as well as students and lecturers from the University FMU in Sao Paulo, the UNICEN National University of Buenos Aires, the SEK University in Quito, Ivanovo State University as well as from the EU and Asian countries.
The 2018 Summer School in Lodz will be held from the 24th of June 2018 to the 7th of July 2018 under the title European Union Challenges: the New Context of Unity and Diversity.The purpose of the seminars is to discuss economic and social problems and issues connected with sustainable growth and ecology. Similar summer schools are organized in Sao Paulo, Quito and recently in Toluca.
Join us in Lodz or go with us to the South America!